Friday, May 15, 2009

The influence you never knew you had...

I titled this post not to an individual who has had an influence on me. However, to each person that reads this post. To make you think about the influence one can have over another person, and you never knew you had it. A few days age a few friends and I were hanging out. We were all excited because everyone was back from school and it was the first time as a group we have all hung out since everyone has been back home. As one friend was explaining how s/he was applying for a job with "Invisible Children" s/he perked up and said "Channing. I talked you in my story!" So I preceded to ask what was the story about and how did you talk about me. Now this is where I was humbled, and the whole point of this post comes about. She began to say "I talked about and how God used you to help shape who I am today." I answered "WHAT!!! Are you kidding me... God used me to help shape you? How?" She explained how she just watched me, saw how I acted in different situations, if I did what I said, and how I served for the Lord. At this moment I was humbled and for a few reasons. 1) I saw God's sovereignty over everything, and how He was using me to help grow and set and example for someone else, and I didn't even know it. How wonderful is that. And to think that I become so frustrated sometimes because I didn't think that God is using me. However, it was the complete opposite, and I wonder how many more people are looking at other individuals, but the individuals who is being looked at are frustrated because they don't think God is using them because their service is not being seen my multitudes of people. Yet one of the greatest opportunities has already been given to us when we proclaim the name of Christ, and that is setting the example of Christ for those who are just watching. 2) How selfish and lacking in the faith to think that God was not going to use me... As I look now and see what that individual is doing as s/he is going on mission trips, leading bible studies, and now is leading other youth to fall in a deeper passion with the Lord. It makes me think because of my selfish desires and lack of trust how many different times have I lost the influence I never knew I had. We don't know how God works, so we should always be living as if we are in His work.... But lets be honest GOD SOVEREIGN we are always in His work so REJOICE! Philippians 4:4-7

No comments: